Dennis Ryan is a Board Certified* Forensic Document Examiner. For 16 years, he was the Forensic Document Examiner and Laboratory Supervisor for the Nassau County Police Department in New York. Since 1992, Dennis's private practice has assisted in numerous legal cases pertaining to a variety of disputed or questioned documents. He has provided court qualified expert testimony in various jurisdictions throughout the country.
Member of the following Professional Organizations:
- American Board of Forensic Document Examiners (ABFDE) www.abfde.org
- American Society of Questioned Document Examiners (ASQDE) www.asqde.org
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS) www.aafs.org
- Northeastern Association of Forensic Scientists (NEAFS) www.neafs.org
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) www.astm.com
A Forensic Document Examiner FDE is a forensic scientist who scientifically studies various physical details and elements of documents in order to identify their source or to determine their authenticity or integrity. Document examiners help lawyers by examining and offering written opinions on a variety of disputed document problems. Lawyers benefit also from an FDE's specialized knowledge of literature in the questioned document field. This knowledge will assist lawyers in preparing meaningful direct examination questions for their own expert witness and cross-examination questions for opposing experts.